Links, tools and gadgets

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Been a while...

Hm, lots of virtual dust.  It's been a while.  Maybe I'll see if I still have any desire to post here, or should scrap the whole thing. Well, I guess I'll leave it up because there might be a handful of links out there to some posts, and it would be rude to leave them hanging...

Here are a few of the things I've read in the past month or so, mostly sitting in a pile waiting for me to either stick on a bookshelf or return to the library, that I might write about soon (a few of the posts are already written, actually, but I figure I post so infrequently I might as well spread them out). If anyone is still reading, feel free to let me know if there's anything below you'd like me to weigh in on with a quick ten minute review:

JOE KUBERT PRESENTS
SUPERMAN VOLUME 1 - WHAT PRICE TOMORROW?
NORTH 40
SUPERIOR
SAGA VOLUME 1 and SAGA VOLUME 2
EC creator-based anthologies (Kurtzman, Williamson, Wood)
ETHEL & ERNEST: A TRUE STORY
ALIENS - INHUMAN CONDITION
AMERICAN VAMPIRE VOLUME 1
MIND MGMT - THE MANAGER
THE ADVENTURES OF AUGUSTA WIND
BRODY'S GHOST VOLUME 4
SO LONG, SILVER SCREEN
THE BEST OF MILLIGAN & MCCARTHY
CASTLE WAITING VOLUME 2
GOOD DOG
BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR
THE FIRST X-MEN
DAN SPIEGLE - A LIFE IN COMICS
AVENGERS : SEASON ONE
CONAN - QUEEN OF THE BLACK COAST [VOLUME 13]
RAGEMOOR
FREAKS' AMOUR
STAR TREK/LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES
HOW TO FAKE A MOON LANDING
GODDAMN THIS WAR
PREACHER VOLUME 1
NEMESIS
JULIO'S DAY
MARCH - BOOK ONE
HAWKEYE - MY LIFE AS A WEAPON
SPUMCO COMIC BOOK
A MATTER OF LIFE
WE ARE ON OUR OWN : A MEMOIR
THE ROCKETEER: HOLLYWOOD HORROR
SAINTS
DAY OF JUDGMENT
MARBLE SEASON
THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERHERO GIRL
A.D.D. ADOLESCENT DEMO DIVISION

2 comments:

  1. How's the Dan Spiegle book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Spiegle book is pretty good, if you want a sampling of all his work through the years. The text isn't too deep, most of it is just a long recent interview with Spiegle that serves mostly to provide a chronology for the work. You do get a few examples of some of the major stuff, plus about two dozen of his commissions (some in full colour) from the last decade, which are pretty nice. I'll post a short review of it in a few days.

    ReplyDelete

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]